Thursday 19 December 2013

Family holiday

For both pages I started with plain white cardstock. I used stencil then held it down and took my Versamark pen and drew inside the stencil to get the image. I did one at a time so I could heat emboss and get the pattern I wanted. I used rose quartzes. I also edge my page with vintage photo (rangers). I got 3 different pattern pages to back the picture. I used a flower stencil and with Distress strain - picked raspberry, I added my 2 flowers. with scraps of the same backing paper I cut out banners to make bunting for the top right hand corner and thread it with lilac ribbon. I cut 3 butterflies of different sizes  and then placed a diamanté brad into it to hold them in place. I place rhinestones in place to add a bit of glam in both corners of the photo. the flowers are the final touch of elegance.  
 
 
 
Started the same - white card stock but this time I placed the stencil over the hole page and then sprayed with Tattered Angels, glimmer mist - Sea Glass. I then used blue paint on my chevron stamp and stamped randomly in the centre of the page. I then used kiwi mesh and stuck it on the right side of the photo and backed the photo in matching paper as the top photo (white & black paper) 

 
when it came to embellishing I tried to use a very little of what I had done at Finnibair's class.
So, I used the gears in the top left hand corner as well as lace flowers and then layered with the zip, button and bits. Used 2 x paper clips on the picture. Again layering with flower lace with gears, brads and clock pieces and then a paper clock which I then in turn sprayed with Mediterranean blue.
 
I did enjoy exploring new colours with these pages as well as new aspects of my layouts!
 
Enjoy you scrapping!!
XXOO 

No comments:

Post a Comment