Thursday 30 January 2014

Sunflowers

Heaps going on...Loads of inspiration and lots of journaling!! So this journal was whilst we had a rainy day and I decided to bring a bit a sun into the home. I have a love for sunflowers much thanks to Catherine Matthews-Scanlon who did a drawing which was amazing and showed me a new side to an already stunning flower!!!


Started off by placing 2 random colours on the page - blue and yellow (see product list below)
once dried I used stripes of paper to edge the page. Then using my serviettes I cut them out and place them where I wanted them to make my picture. I modge podged it down and then used matt medium over the page. First I wet the page before starting with the gelatos then I added the colours I wanted to add depth to the page. Then I dried the page and reapplied matt medium and let it dry.
I then took my stencils and with my white paint I added extra texture to my page. Then mixed teal paint with  textured medium. once dry again I added matt medium again. Then I wrote a phrase that for me
will make a statement in my life!



Enjoyed bring sunshine in to my home!!
Hope you enjoy the page...
XXOO

Products used:
Martha Stewards Satin paints: Meadowlark
                                                  Aquirium
Gelatos: Blue
              Yellow
              White (for blending)



No comments:

Post a Comment