Sunday 15 June 2014

Autumn

Challenge time...

So we had Autumn colours with a related image for this challenge. I chose only to use the autumn colours and did my journal. I started with torn strips of and old pattern and modge podge it to my page. I then chose my browns and started with my lightest brown then brought in my burnt umber. I the. Dried with my heating tool. I then used serviettes with leafs on and tore them to how I wanted.






 I modge podge my serviettes on in random places. I made sure that when I modge podge I put it over the whole page as it was my final layer. I then tool my vintage photo - distress ink and inked over the whole page to lift the colour. I used distress ink - walnut stain on the edge of my pages.
I instinctively pick up my black Pitt pen and write my saying on my pages.... But then realise it is blending in with my page!!! I go back over the black with my white paint pen to enhance the saying and add stitching to the edging of the page.


Have a great week and enjoy what ever the weather my bring you:)

Happy journaling :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous journal Joan, love the autumn colours they look beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Craft Cottage.

    ReplyDelete