Sunday 8 June 2014

My yellow brick road

 
 
 
I wanted to try a different background, so I took ring reinforcements and placed them randomly on my pages. I then took my squeezed orange and dirty martini - Dylusion sprays, and sprayed my pages. I did love how the ring-reinforcements repelled the sprays and stayed white. I then dried with my heating tool.
 
Once dried I drew in the foot path and with modelling paste filled in my path to give it dimension. I then painted the  path with Martha Stewards - Meadowlark. I then drew in my black lines with my Pitt pen. I used a red archival ink and a rose stamp and stamped around the path.
 
 
I cut legs out of the magazine and then painted over them to get the effect I wanted. Teal is used for the skirt colour and then I used red glitter embossing for the shoes. For the phrase I found words on a card but wanted to change what was already on the cards so I gessod over the words and when it was dry I wrote in what I wanted to say...
"Whatever your yellow brick road may be, don't be afraid to take the first step!'
 



I do love this saying.... it most certainly gives one strength to take the step in ones life to move forward and not look back!!

Go forth and take your first step....

love and kisses
xxxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment